i didn't know this story when i was a kid but i distinctly remember having to figure out to toss a gold ball into a pond to attract a frog in King's Quest IV and having NO IDEA why that worked. to be fair, i spent most of my time while playing Sierra games in that state?? i knew to kiss the frog from general cultural osmosis but the whole "frogs are attracted to gold balls" is part of the story i'd missed and which still feels baffling!
Friday, 12 March 2010
1. tomato ketchup
2. spaghetti hoops
3. cream of tomato soup
4. ravioli in tomato sauce
5. salad cream^
* today is the 57th edition of t5v.
† the '57 Heinz Varieties' never actually referred to the number of products in their range, the owner just thought that it was a lucky number.
^ I don't actually like salad cream.
Thursday, 11 March 2010
1. would you rather smell like brie and know it, or smell like brie and not know it?
2. would you rather have Noel Edmonds falsely announce on national TV that you slept with him, or have no-one know and it actually be true?
3. would you rather have to listen to Oasis all day every day, or hang out with them all day every day?
4. would you rather be stuck on a desert island alone, or be stuck on a desert island with Lord Lloyd Webber?
5. would you rather be 3' 11" tall, or 11' 3" tall?
*sorry there was no post yesterday, I had a bout of blog block