i didn't know this story when i was a kid but i distinctly remember having to figure out to toss a gold ball into a pond to attract a frog in King's Quest IV and having NO IDEA why that worked. to be fair, i spent most of my time while playing Sierra games in that state?? i knew to kiss the frog from general cultural osmosis but the whole "frogs are attracted to gold balls" is part of the story i'd missed and which still feels baffling!
Thursday, 4 February 2010
1. "last of the summer wine just gets better and better and better and better"
2. "i'd invite michael macintyre, noel edmonds and sue barker to my dream dinner party"
3. "the sheer passion of the thrills that night made for one of the most exciting gigs i've ever been to"
4. "a spoonful of powdered egg makes for a tastier chocolate milkshake"
5. "i'm proud to call 2 fast 2 furious my favourite movie of all time"